Thursday, March 25, 2010


I Close My Eyes to Remember

If ever was my sight to leave
I would be content with colorful images of your beautiful face
For they are forever etched in my mind
The euphoric smell of your hair in my nostrils abode like the sweet smell of lavender, honey, and myrrh
Captivated by the expression of your thoughts like warm rays of sunshine
The flowing motion of rain
The stroke of your finger tips as you caress my back…pulling me close
You into me and me into you
Lovemaking as brush strokes and patterns of words until we intertwine completely engrafted
Ascending upon the dew of pillowed clouds
Experiencing the breeze of autumn
A kiss in summer
An embrace in winter
I remember when I gazed into your eyes
My knees buckled beneath me
I surrendered my strength
At one stroke of your hand
As I closed my eyes
Imagining us as doves as we soared as one upon skies of love

By Savaslas Lofton
Copyrite Mar 2010

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely great writing!